3rd Annual Barkstreet Bash
Saturday, July 28th | 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Calling all lovers of pets and free stuff! Join us for the 3rd Annual Garden Oaks Barkstreet Bash event on Saturday, July 28th from 12pm to 3pm at our hospital. Team GOVC is partnering with our pet-loving neighbors in the community to host an afternoon full of fun and tons of free goodies for you and your pet! We are celebrating our second year of being accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), and we invite you to come learn more about what that means for you and your pet.
Please note that on this day, the clinic will close at 10:00 am to prepare for the 3rd annual Barkstreet Bash! The Garden Oaks Veterinary Clinic team will not be available for appointments, prescription refills or any other transactions during the event. Thank you for your understanding and we can’t wait to see you at Barkstreet Bash!
If you have an emergency during this time, please call Gulf Coast Animal Emergency Hospital at (713) 568-6116.
The event starts at 12pm and will be held rain or shine!
Misting stands, wading pools, neck coolers, fans, water, and plenty of shade will be available but please be aware of the signs of heat exhaustion for you and your pets!
Parking is available at the Cottonwood Bar lot located next to our strip center or at Graham Park along 34th Street.
This is a dog and kid-friendly event so bring the whole family!
Pets attending must be fully vaccinated, friendly, well-socialized and on a leash. Please NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES.
What to Expect:
When you arrive, please go inside to the front desk to check in, receive your goodie bag, and purchase any raffle tickets you would like. You will also receive your “paw-ssport” and a ticket for 1 free pet caricature (while supplies last!). Take your “paw-ssport” with you to visit each of our 3 stations set up around the hospital. After you receive a stamp from each station, turn it in for your chance to win an Amazon Echo Dot!
After you check out our stations and complete the clinic tour, you are welcome to explore the other activities we will have at the event including:
– Face Painting and Balloon Art
– 1 Free Pet Caricature (with ticket)–first come first serve!
– Free Kona Ice from 1-3pm
– Beer, wine and liquor tastings at Village Liquor next door
– Cupcakes and pupcakes (while supplies last)
– Take a picture with our custom Can You Spot Spirit mural
– Check out some adoptable pets from Friends for Life
– Then walk over to Cottonwood with your pup for some drinks and great food!
As a reminder, all of our raffle ticket proceeds will benefit Friends for Life. Raffle tickets will be 1 for $3 or 2 for $5. We accept cash and credit card (cash preferred). The items we have available in our raffle this year include:
- 1 Year Supply of Bravecto (2 chances to win) – $240 Value
- 3 Month Supply of OraVet Chews – $75-$125 Value
- 3 Month Supply of Purina Pro Plan Food – $75-$300 Value
- $50 Gift Certificate from Cottonwood Houston
- 1 FREE Allergy Test from ACTT Allergy – $200-$400 Value
- Custom Pet Portrait Print from Haute Dog Art – $250 Value
- Family 4 Pack to the 2018 Festival of Abilities with Friends of Oak Forest Park – $60 Value
- iRobot Roomba 690 – $300 Value
- 3 Free Days of Daycare from Houston Bark Park and Daycare (4 chances to win)
- $25 Off Training at Houston Bark Park and Daycare (4 chances to win)
- Gift Basket + $20 Voucher to Meadowlake Pet Resort & Training Center
- Gift Basket including Hypoallergenic Shampoo and Treats + Ceramic Treat Jar – $70 value
- iRobot Roomba 690 – $300 Value
- RTIC Cooler 65qt – $240 value
- Picnic Backpack – $40 Value
- TWO ASTROS TICKETS for a home game in August or September (details will be available at event)
If you have any questions prior to the event, please feel free to contact us!
The AAHA Difference
Garden Oaks Veterinary Clinic received accreditation with the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) in December 2016, and we invite you to see what being having an accredited veterinary hospital means for you and your pet. This status is only earned by 12% of veterinary hospitals in North America, and it signifies that we have been evaluated on approximately 900 rigorous veterinary standards outlined by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) to ensure that we provide the highest quality of patient care and client service. During our Barkstreet Bash, we will have stations set up throughout the hospital that you can visit to hear from our team members what our accreditation means during each step of your visit.