- New clients: We ask that you arrive to your appointment 10 minutes early so we can complete paperwork and enter your pet’s medical records. Please bring all records with you or send them in advance. Please note: We are appointment-based only and do not take walk-in appointments.
- Late policy: We understand that traffic happens and unexpected situations arise, so if you will not be able to make it to your appointment on time, please call us at 713-659-0650 right away. If you arrive later than 10 minutes after your scheduled time, the appointment will need to be rescheduled to ensure we have enough time to provide a thorough visit.
- No-show policy: After three no-shows or cancellations within two hours of your appointment time, we will require a $55 deposit per pet to schedule an appointment from then on. This deposit will be forfeited in the event of another no-show or cancelation within two hours.
- Saturday appointments: We require a $55 deposit per pet to schedule a veterinary appointment on Saturdays. The deposit will be forfeited in the event of a no-show or cancellation within 24 hours.
- Emergencies: While we do our best to see urgent cases during business hours, we are not an emergency clinic and therefore are not open 24/7. Depending on our schedule, staff availability, and the urgency of the situation, our team will assess if we are able to see your pet on an emergency basis (for an additional fee) or if referring you directly to a local emergency clinic is best for your pet.
- A $50 deposit is required to schedule all surgical procedures. The deposit will be forfeited in the event of a no-show or a cancellation within 24 hours.
- Owners should plan to meet with a technician for at least 15 minutes on the day of the procedure to review surgical consent forms when they drop their pet off. These consent forms are mandatory for us to proceed with the procedure.
- All surgery patients must arrive at the hospital between 7:00 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Any patients who arrive later will have to reschedule and forfeit their deposit.
- All surgery patients must fast after 10:00 p.m. the night before surgery, with no food or water intake that morning (a technician will call and remind you of this information the day before). If the patient has eaten, the surgery must be rescheduled, and the deposit will be forfeited.
- All surgery patients (unless otherwise noted) need to be picked up between 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. If they are not picked up before we close at 6:00 p.m., the pet will be boarded at the owner’s expense.
Third-Party Prescription Policy
We do not approve any third-party prescription requests (1-800-PetMeds, Chewy.com, etc.) due to concerns of safety and authenticity.
Instead we advise clients to purchase medications directly from our clinic or use our trusted online pharmacy partner, Vetsource. Discount online pet supply retailers may seem convenient, but they are often not the safest place to get the medications, preventives and prescription foods your pet needs. Read more about why we don’t authorize third party online prescription orders.
We will provide written prescriptions only on a case-by-case basis.
General Hospital Policies
- All pets must be leashed or in a kennel at all times.
- For safety purposes, we trust our trained staff to restrain pets and are unable to allow owners to restrain under any circumstances.
- All unvaccinated pets/puppies should be carried and kept away from other pets.
- Payment is due at the time of service. We do not offer in-house payment plans, but we do offer Care Credit and Scratch Pay. Please see here for more information.
- At Garden Oaks Veterinary Clinic, we treat our clients and their pets with kindness and respect. As such, we reserve the right to refuse service to any clients for not showing us the same courtesy. We thank you for your cooperation!